by 웹마스터 posted Dec 27, 2020
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph

Today we celebrate the Holy Family.  May the blessings of God be with you and your family.  

There are two conditions for a holy family:

God Centered:

The Holy Family is comprised of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  The father is not the center, and no person is the center.  Jesus is the center in another word God is the focus.  When God is in the center, the family always prays.  They pray in the morning & evening, before meal, and rosary.  They continue to read the scriptures.  How is your family from 1 to 10; 10 being the holy family?

Practice Peace and Joy:

When you experience peace and joy, you have a holy family.  

What is your level of peace and joy in your family?

“Joy of Love” in the Pope’s recommended literature says that a family needs to practice three words to be a holy family.  What would they be?

On the side, a man from Kyungsang Do province in Korea says the following three words: food, kids, sleep.  They are very indifferent and impersonal.  ☺

The three words are the following:

Please

Thank you

Sorry.

In the family, one must be gentle and ask “may I?”  Instead of demanding, “shut the lights off” you should say “please turn the light off.”  

You should not be self-centered hence always thank each other: “thank you for making the breakfast” or “thank you for working hard to support the family.”  

You should be able to apologize and say “I am sorry.”  Father should be able to say: “I am sorry for not removing the water cup.”  

When you are gentle, grateful, and repenting then you are able to experience peace and joy in the family.  You must continue to practice these words everyday.  If you don’t, there may be uncomfortable and silent chasms between spouses, parent & children, and siblings. 

Today is the Holy Family Sunday.  Let us pray and practice these three words in your own family.

Articles