by 웹마스터 posted Jan 01, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

2020 New Year’s Eve Mass

Praise be to Jesus Christ.  How was your year?  

This year has been COVID challenged and extremely difficult for all of us.  

Thank you all for your efforts in dealing with COVID at home, work place, and church.  Thanks to the entire volunteers, we are able to continue our religious activities including tonight’s mass.  We pray for wisdom as we conclude this year through this mass and ask for God’s blessings for the upcoming New Year.  

At the end of each year, the Korean professors’ newspaper chooses a phrase that best describes the year.  For 2020, they have chosen “AH-SI-BI-TA” which means “I am right you are wrong.”  It is similar to “when I do it, it is romance; when you do it, it is extra affair.”  

Professors unequivocally criticized the continued political turmoil in Korea despite the urgently needed COVID responses.  They blamed each other for all the problems and continued to undermine each other.  The concept of “I am right you are wrong” has spread in our society as well as the political arena; this phrase has clearly articulates the current trend in Korea.  

Our community also has suffered a lot from the COVID.  

We were not able to attend mass during some parts of the pandemic and even when we are able, there are strict guidelines that limit the attendance which limits what we are able to do for our faith.  However, many parishioners have strengthened their faith in everyday lives as well as utilizing online technologies.  Especially some have used daily readings to share and support each other.  

Reduced mass attendance also has brought revenue decline.  However, we are able to we continue to support the church through other means e.g. special collections through small groups as well as donations by individuals.  Those who are unable to attend would donate in lump sum amounts.  Many continue to volunteer to take care of the church facility and operations to carry on its maintenance.  

Through the collaborations and volunteering, we are able to stay on our mission this year.  I am also thankful that we can celebrate the New Year’s Eve mass in Alaska together.  We pray that all of us will discovery special thanks on this occasion and fully rely on God so that we may start a blessed new year.  

“The LORD bless you and keep you!” (Numbers 6:24)

Articles