?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Third Sunday of Ordinary Time

How was your week?

May God bless all our parishioners with grace and peace.  

There was a rite of ordination at the Cheongju diocese not too long ago.  Three priests and six deacons were ordained.  It includes one seminary student I recommended, who became a deacon after a nine-year study.  We thank God for all the ordained students.  After one year as a deacon, he will be ordained as a priest.  

Typically you need a recommendation in order to enter either a seminary or nunnery.  Once they enter a convent, we would address them as “son priest” or “daughter nun.”  I have one priest son, one deacon son, and one nun daughter.  I am very fortunate to have so many children.  

Today we remember those clergies, religious brothers and sisters I have recommended and pray for them so they may fulfill their religious mission.  

In today’s gospel, Jesus proclaims the God’s Kingdom: “The Kingdom of God is at hand.  Repent, and believe in the gospel.”  (Mark 1:15)  He then calls on the disciples to serve: “Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.” (Mark 1:17)  They leave behind their fishing nets, families, and others to follow Jesus.  

The clergies and religious orders are people who have responded to God’s calling.  They also left behind their fishing nets and families in order to detach from worldly relations so that they may fulfill their mission to fish men.  We pray that they will proclaim gospel through their words and action.  

As you enjoy your upcoming week, I hope will remember and pray for those priests and nuns you know.  

Let us meditate for a moment.

Articles