by 웹마스터 posted Feb 28, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Praise be to Jesus Christ

How was your week? May God’s blessings fill your hearts with hope.

I feel much better recently.   The world has not changed much but I still feel better than before; the daylight is longer.  On December 21, 2020, the daylight was about 5hr 28 min but it is approximately 10 hrs or so.  As the daylight lengthens everyday by a few minutes, it feels like the spring is about wake up from its slumber.  Even though it is still winter and we may still have snow & cold until May, our hearts are already getting warmer ready for spring. 

“God, please bless our spring.”  

I feel our souls are blessed.  God has approved everyday for us and I feel very secure since the Easter is near.  We began our Lent with Ash Wednesday and it is now the second Sunday in Lent.  As we celebrate the Stations of the Cross our faith strengthens; as we transcribe Proverbs phrase by phrase, our Lenten journey is filled with hope of resurrection.  The solemnity of Easter is in front of us but our hearts feel the Easter already. 

“God, please bless our Lenten journey.” 

Today’s gospel reveals the glory of resurrection through Jesus’ transfiguration.  “His clothes became dazzling white, such as no fuller on earth could bleach them.”  (Mark 9:3)  The brightly shining image of Jesus is the light that overcomes suffering and death as well as provides essence of hope in following Jesus.  

Today is the Second Sunday of Lent.  Through Jesus’ transfiguration, I hope we can strengthen our faith during Lent and add hope to our daily lives.  

Let us meditate for a moment.

Articles