2021/04/18 - Third Sunday of Easter

by 웹마스터 posted Apr 19, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

How was your week?  May the joy and peace of risen Jesus be with all of us.

Are you able to meet Jesus during the Easter season?   Where have you met him?

In today’s gospel (Luke 24), it tells us where we can meet Jesus.  The two disciples recounted what had taken place on the way, and how Jesus was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.  While they were still speaking about this, he stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.” (Luke 24:36) Jesus blesses them with peace even though they were startled and terrified.  They met Jesus when they were discussing their faith.  

• Do we discuss our faith in our everyday life?  
  • What is our attitude when praying and attending religious ceremonies?  

Jesus opened disciples’ minds to understand the scriptures: “Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day.”  (Luke 24:44)  They began to understand that Jesus’ passion, death, and resurrection is a Passover (Paschal).  They no longer lost their peace due to pain and suffering.  Sometimes we only focus on the mystery of Passover when we read the scriptures.  This is a dangerous tendency; we try to avoid passion and death while only accepting the glory of the resurrection.  

• How do I meet God in the scriptures?
  • How do I face suffering and death?  

Jesus opens disciples’ hearts and dispatches them out to the world as witnesses: “You are witnesses of these things.” (Luke 24: 48)  They saw Jesus’ teachings and Passover.  They proclaim the path of salvation through repentance and share the peace, which overcomes the fear, anxiety, and doubt.   

• What would I do if Jesus asks me to be a witness in my prayers?  
  • Am I a witness of peace to my family and others?

Today is the third Sunday of Easter.   Jesus opens disciples’ minds and sends them out to the world as witnesses.  I hope we too can meet Jesus in our faith so we may open our hearts and share the joy and peace of Easter.  

Let us meditate for a moment.

Articles