by 웹마스터 posted May 10, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Sixth Sunday of Easter

Let us use “Flower Village’s” greeting.  (Flower village is a non-profit organization in Korea supporting those who are disabled.)  Do you remember?  Let us make a heart with both hands over our heads and say, “I love you.”  Turn to your neighbors and look at their eyes and greet them, “I love you.”  

Today is the sixth Sunday of Easter.  May God’s grace and peace be with all of us.  

Many are enjoying the weather and outdoors.  I also go on a trail walk and recently on the Turnagain Arm trail, I met a volunteer who was clearing the trail.  I could witness love for his work through his expressions on the face.  

In May, I see more parishioners praying the rosary.  This is a really good thing.  Through the rosary, you are closer to Virgin Mary and able to meditate on Jesus’ mysteries of salvation.  Are you familiar with all the mysteries?  They are joyful mysteries, sorrow mysteries, luminous mysteries, and glorious mysteries.  As we celebrate the Month of the Blessed Virgin Mary, there are those praying the rosary 20 times a day.  Through this, we are able to witness their love for Mary and Jesus.  

Love is one of the most important words in our religious life.  Disciple John recommends us to love one another: “Beloved, let us love one another because love is of God.” (John 4:7)  Jesus also teaches and invites us to remain in his love: “Remain in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love.”  (John 15:10)

Love is very specific.  Love is revealed when you follow Jesus’ commandments and act on them.  I also hope our community will experience love.  Love begins with respect.  Respect arises when you do not ignore but greets others courteously, and gently request.  Let us remember those who are in need and pray for them.  

Can we again acknowledge each other with “Flower Village’s” greeting “I love you?”  Let us say hello to our neighbors while looking at their eyes with sincerity.  “I love you.”  

Let us live this coming week following Jesus’ words: “This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.” (John 15:12)

Let us meditate for a moment.

Articles