by 조신형프란치스코 posted Jun 06, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Praise be to Jesus Christ

Let us greet one another.  Please ensure you have an eye contact and say “Praise be to Jesus Christ.”  

How was your week?

Today is the first Sunday in June.  We pray that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit will protect and guide us to faithful path during the month of June.  

Do you know what a cabbage beetle is?  It looks like this.  What color is this beetle?  I will give out a prize for the correct answer.  

A cabbage beetle has the same color as the cabbage it eats.  The beetle is influenced when it eats the cabbage and retains the same color.  

Then what color is the faithful?  I will also give out a prize for the correct answer.  

They have the same color as Jesus.  Jesus gave us his body and blood so we have the same color as Jesus: “Take and eat.  This is my body.” (Matthew 26;27)  “This is my blood of the new covenant, which shall be shed for many.” (Mark 14;24).  Jesus also influences us as we eat his body and drink his blood; we also retain his color.  

Another way to express Jesus’ color is love.  Love is conveyed when we give ourselves.  Jesus’ love is revealed when he gives his body and blood as he invites us to the kingdom of love or God’s kingdom.  We follow the path of faith as we live a life of love.  

Our faith community also reflects the color of Jesus.  During winter we recite gospel in each mass, during Lent we scribe Proverbs, during May we pray the rosary, and in our daily prayers we pray for all of us.  Also, we received ample offerings from the parishioners.  We thank God for his blessings and love in our lives.  

Especially for the current audio and video upgrade project, we have seen the love we share amongst our community.  Many parishioners have shown keen interest and provided financial support.  Many volunteers have performed the work in order to reduce costs.  Thus far, the project has been going very well.  Thank you.

Today is the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ.  Through love Jesus has given us his body and blood.  He feeds us and leads us on the path of faith.  We pray that all of us will remember Jesus’ love and live out his love in our daily life.

Let us meditate for a moment.

Articles