?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Praise be to Jesus Christ

Let us greet each other: “Praise be to Jesus.”

How was your week?  Today is the first Sunday in July.  May God’s blessing be with all of us and lead us towards the righteous path during this month.  

When a new priest is assigned, parishioners typically observe and evaluate him.  

There are typically four types of priests:

Priest is tall and handsome, but the homily is so-so and he does not get along with parishioners.  We would call him “Looks good but useless” ("유명무실").

Priest looks so-so but his homily is OK and gets along with others.  We call him “Silver lining“ ("천만다행").

Priest is ugly, his homily is really poor, and does not get along with others.  We call him “Rock Bottom” ("설살가상").  

Priest is handsome, homily is great, and gets along with everyone.  We call him “Cherry on Top” ("금상첨화").

If there are these four types of priests, then which one am I?  

Thank you!  I knew you would welcome me despite my faults.  I can feel the love from all of you.  

The fact is all of us are human and as such even the priests have weaknesses and faults.  As indicated in the Saint Paul’s second reading, we all have a thorn in our flesh.  It is to keep us from “being too elated”; it is God’s blessing.  

Therefore, a priest alone cannot do pastoral care.  A priest needs God’s support and parishioners prayers.  When you feel that I need help, then you must say, “He needs our prayers.”  In today’s gospel, Jesus says, “A prophet is not without honor except in his native place and among his own kin and in his own house.” (Mark 6:4)  Jesus and his prophets are rejected by the world just as a pastor may be in the church.  Even though they are messengers of God, they are judged by human standards.  We all need prayers.  

As we celebrate the mass today, please pray for the priest (me).  

Also, let us pray for our families and each other’s weaknesses and faults during the upcoming week.  

Let us meditate for a moment.

Articles