by 조신형프란치스코 posted Dec 19, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Praise be to Jesus Christ

How was your week?  How are you spending Advent?

May God bless and provide strength and courage to all parishioners who are observing Advent dutifully.  

Today is the Fourth Sunday of Advent and all the candles have been lit.  Four weeks have gone by really fast.  It feels like the First Sunday of Advent was yesterday but already it is the fourth Sunday.  

Christmas is upon us.  I hope we can conclude this Christmas meaningfully as we began with “Be vigilant at all times and pray.” (Luke 21:36)  

In today’s gospel, we hear a story about Mary.  She gives us strength and courage to finish what we started.  

Mary obediently accepts her mission to give a birth to a child as a virgin.  In addition, Mary decides to visit Elizabeth who was in a similar circumstance.  

It is today’s gospel and the second stage of the joyful mysteries: “The visitation of Mary to Elizabeth.”  

“Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah.” (Luke 1:39)

This was a not an easy journey.  From Nazareth to Ein Karem is about 60 miles (100 km) and she had to walk while she was pregnant.  

Mary courageously departs and walks all the way to the city.  This picture depicts Mary’s walking journey to Elizabeth: her gaze toward the goal, erect posture, leisurely stride…

I walk on trails in winter and usually I am praying with rosary at the same time.  When I recite the second stage of the joyful mysteries this picture comes to mind and I tend to walk more energetically.  

I hope we are also as enthusiastic as Mary was when she started her journey as we spend the Fourth Sunday of Advent.  We need to be courageous as we conclude Advent.  

Christmas is near thus “Be vigilant at all times and pray.” (Luke 21:36)

Amen

Articles