by 조신형프란치스코 posted Apr 10, 2022
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Praise Jesus

Did you have a grace filled week last week? 

As we celebrate this mass with Joy, let us give praise and thanks to our Lord who has granted us the time and led us to Lent.

A wise person knows what is most important and puts it into action.  I wish that all of us, through our daily lives and our faith journey, become wise people.

The Holy Week is the most important period of the year.  In particular, The Holy Triduum is the most important period.  

It is because we commemorate Jesus' death and resurrection, which is the core of our faith.  I highly recommend that all of you participate in the the Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Solemnity of Resurrection.

Today is the first day of the Holy Week, the Palm/Passion Sunday of the Lord.

First, we commemorate Jesus' entrance into Jerusalem, which was to fulfill Jesus' ministry of salvation.  

People welcomed Jesus' entrance by waiving the branches and we also bless the palm branches and hang them on the crucifixes in our homes.

Second, we remember Jesus' passion & sufferings.  Today's gospel conveys the progress of Jesus' passion and death. To summarize the contents of the Gospel, it is basically the 'Stations of the Cross,' which is the main focus of the Passion Gospel and the most important prayer of Lent.

Many attended the Stations of the Cross; these folks are the ones that know what is most important.  An African American lady also attended the Stations of the Cross and mass.  Regardless of the different language and the parish, she attended our liturgies.  I was moved by her dedication and wisdom of knowing the most important.

I thank those attended the Stations of the Cross, particularly those who volunteered as being the lectors, the cross bearers and the candle bearers; I send God's blessings upon them.  Actually, we can offer the Stations of Cross at home.  You just need to recite the prayers at the foot of the crucifix.  I also send God's blessings on those who offered the Stations of the Cross prayers at home.

Today is Passion/Palm Sunday.

The most important, and the most Holy week began.  I wish that we can welcome our Easter by living an exemplary and faith-filled Holy Week.

Let us meditate for a moment.

Articles